Hello, Jose Lopez from joseondemand.com. Today we went to visit a fantastic steak house. We were at Jensens Beefhus, which literally translates to Jensens Beef house, or more exactly Jensens Steak house.
This is the house of the Whisky Ribeye, a delicious steak
We started with a glass of Rose Wine, and then we had the delicious whiskey glazed ribeye steaks. Mine was medium while Gun chose hers well done.
Please visit my food and travel blog at joseondemand.com where I will post the full recipe to make this delicious whiskey glazed rib steak.
After our dinner, we went for a lot of fun spinning the wheel at our favorite local pub.
I share the recipe below:
- 1/2 cup whiskey, such as Jack Daniel’s
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 16-ounce Jensen’s rib steaks
- 1 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat a grill on medium-high heat.
- Whisk together the whiskey, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the oil and the garlic. Add the steaks, turn a few times to coat with the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, quarter each potato lengthwise to form wedges and put in a medium pot.
- Cover with cold water to cover by 1-inch and add salt until the water tastes like seawater. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until tender (but not falling apart), about 15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Pour the marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until slightly reduced, making sure the sugar does not burn, to make a glaze and sauce for the steak.
- Grill the steaks until an internal temperature on an instant-read thermometer reads about 130 degrees F, 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing with the boiled marinade several times in the last few minutes of grilling time.
- Transfer to a large plate to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the steaks grill, add the potatoes to the grill and grill until well-marked and crispy, turning to grill all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Transfer the potato wedges to a bowl.
- Toss the grilled potatoes with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, chives, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the remaining glaze and serve drizzled over the steaks with the potatoes on the side.
About jose on demand
jose on demand is a channel about our passion for food, cooking, travel, and lifestyle.
Watch all my videos for great food and travel experiences with Jose Lopez @joseondemand
Canon XA11 Professional Camcorder
► Read my article: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THAI FOOD
► Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
► Mitsubishi Electric bread oven
► My phone with an amazing camera to make YouTube videos
► Please become a Patreon. Visit my Patreon page
► Please donate through PayPal so we can continue this project