There are many types of noodles soup in Thailand, but Tom Yum noodles soup recipes are at the top of Thai cuisine. You will find in most Thai Tom Yum soup recipes the following common main ingredients: broth, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce, chili, and peppers. Tom Yum noodles are a …
tom yum noodle soup recipe
Tom Yum Noodles, the fantastic and so much famous soup of Thai cuisine is tangy, spicy and aromatic with exotic herbs. In this version, we pour it over rice noodles, awesome!
Delicious and Creamy Tom Yum Noodles have become very popular in Thailand in the past several years. It’s the richer, more voluptuous sister of the classic clear broth tom yum goong.
In this video, I also review basic techniques and ingredients essential in making the best tom yum possible! When it comes to soups, tom yum is indisputably one to look for, and many would argue this is the most delicious soup in the world.
Making Tom Yum Noodles is not so complicated, although requires many ingredients. It is actually an easy recipe you can use to impress your family and friends. If you always wanted to know how to make Thai Tom Yum Noodles and Soup at home, then this video is for you. This is one Thai Tom Yum Noodle recipe you don’t want to miss! Watch all my videos for great food and travel experiences with Jose Lopez.
To advertise or if you are a creator wishing to collaborate with me, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch all my videos for great food and travel experiences with Jose Lopez.
Please visit my YouTube channel
To advertise on this channel or if you are a creator wishing to collaborate with me, please email me: email@example.com. If you wish to collaborate, please have a similar number of subscribers.
Please also watch here
Tom yum goong is a classic Thai soup that is as delicious as it is nutritious. Its spicy-delicious taste will awaken your taste buds and enhance your mood.
Well known for its many health benefits, this soup is the perfect medicine for a cold or flu bug. In fact, this Thai soup is considered to be a “miracle soup” as it appears to have immune-boosting power as a natural remedy for cold and flu viruses, as well as ingredients that are known to be anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory.
This version of the soup includes coconut milk (which officially makes it “Tom Khaa”), adding both richness and flavor while still keeping the soup super healthy.
- Total:30 mins
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:15 mins
- Yield:2 servings
- 3 to 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass (lower 1/3 finely minced and upper part kept whole)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed chili or to taste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (available fresh or frozen at Asian food stores)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 12 to 14 medium or large raw shrimp (shelled)
- 1 green and/or red bell pepper (sliced)
- Optional: a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 can coconut milk or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Garnish: 1/3 cup fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
Steps to Make It
- Pour chicken stock into a deep cooking pot and turn heat to medium-high. Add prepared lemongrass to the pot, including upper parts of the stalk you didn’t mince. Boil 5 to 6 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat slightly to achieve a nice simmer. Add garlic, chili, lime leaves, and mushrooms to broth. Continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes (if using). Simmer 5 to 6 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and plump.
- Turn down the heat to low and add coconut milk and fish sauce. Taste-test the soup for spice and salt, adding more chili and/or fish sauce (instead of salt) as desired. If too sour for your taste, add 1 teaspoon brown sugar; if too salty, add a squeeze of lime juice. Add more coconut milk if you want your soup richer or creamier, or if it’s too spicy for your taste.
- Serve in bowls with fresh coriander sprinkled over.
Please visit my YouTube channel jose on demand
Please visit Spicy Thai Noodles for amazing Thai food recipes and videos